Monday, April 23, 2012

Things I am really tired of, thank you very much. (Or, first world problems)

1. People who hit "Reply All" to messages sent by listserves. I do not need to know your pithy opinion about an email that was sent to the entire university, please stop.

2. Writing professors who give patently bad advice. Like, this is not me being an upstart youngin' who should learn their place and respect their elders - this is me being genuinely annoyed for reasons I have been told are completely legitimate.

for example:


  • The professor who told the class that any time a director suggests a change, you must do it, because you don't want to acquire a reputation of being "difficult to work with." No, fuck you. When a director tells you to make a change, it is completely at your discretion to do it or not to do it, and they cannot coerce you. And if the director makes the change without your permission, then they have violated the rights of the playwright and fuck them. 
  • The professor who complains about actors improvising lines and then, when you get muscled into having them read a part in your pages, improvises the fucking lines. THERE IS NOT A "WELL" THERE. THERE IS NOT A MENTION OF THE ADRESSED PERSON'S NAME THERE. IF I HAD WANTED IT READ THAT WAY,  I WOULD HAVE WRITTEN IT THAT WAY. It does not help me to hear what is wrong with my lines if you are changing my lines

No comments:

Post a Comment