Saturday, November 3, 2012

Just a few words.

So, here's the thing. I've got a hurricane behind me and an election ahead of me that I desperately just want to be over and settled because it's giving me uncomfortable stress levels. And besides quietly endorsing Obama on facebook I've been trying to keep politics out of my internet presence too much, but I need to say something.

If you are, are friends with, or are related to women, and respect their rights, do not vote for Romney.

If  you are, are friends with, or are related to immigrants, and respect their rights, do not vote for Romney.

If you are, are friends with, or are related to members of religious minorities, and respect their rights, do not vote for Romney.

If you are, are friends with, or are related to the middle and working classes, and respect their rights, do not vote for Romney.

If you are, are friends with, or are related to persons of color, and respect their rights, do not vote for Romney. 

If you are, are friends with, or are related to members of the LGBTQ community, and respect their rights, for the love of all that is good in this world, DO NOT VOTE FOR ROMNEY.

I will not tell you who to vote for. You can vote for Obama or Jill Stein or Mickey Mouse or Ralph Nader or whoever you want. And this has been said a million times by people who are far more eloquent than me, but -

You cannot look a person in the eye, take a shit on their rights, and go home and laugh at Modern Family. That is not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment